What is a haiku?
- The world’s shortest poem
- A long poem with rhyme
- A poem about nature
- European form of poem
What is haiku spirit?
- Human soul
- Feeling for nature and animals
When you write haiku, you look at the world
- through a camera lens
- in a new way
- right now when something happens
- with feeling
- is shown though seasonal words
- changes every day
- is close to humans
- gives us peace and quiet
Where does haiku come from?
- Colonies of Great Britain
- United States
What happens in a haiku?
- Nothing at all
- It is like a photo of something that happens
- It is a memory for life
Why write haiku?
- Concentrate your wandering thoughts
- Express a great feeling
- Calm down from stress
- Everybody can have a good laugh
What happens in the poems?
- Frost and snow for skiing
- Snow flakes slowly and quietly fall down
- Moon glitters on the newly fallen snow
- The world is black and white
What happens in spring?
- Snow and ice are melting
- Migrating birds arrive
- Bird-houses are not occupied
- The windows are dirty
How do we look at summer?
- Mosquitoes are buzzing and birds are singing
- Ants bite my legs
- Weeds grow hardly at all
- Hail falls and hurts my head
What does autumn look like?
- Ted and yellow leaves create carpets on the earth
- Whirling maple leaves on the asphalt
- White frost and haze
- Apples fall and the mice are celebrating
- We make apple jam and juice
- Ice-cold wind hits the cheeks
What happens in the city?
- Gulls beg for fish at the market
- Asphalt is grey and it rains
- Building stands beside building, and many streets
- The city never sleeps
What does water mean to us?
- Alone at sea
- The wind stops and the lake is like a mirror
- Rain or watering can?
- We need water to survive
What do we do in the forest and what do we see?
- Trees fall in the storm
- We are picking blueberries and lingonberries
- Birds stop singing when we come
- Anthills and lots of ants running around
Who are our friends?
- Cats and dogs
- Schoolmates from a long time ago
- Books and mobile phones
- The whole world
What are we doing the garden? What can we find there?
- Lush flowerbeds
- Soil on the fingers
- Storm in the fruit trees
- When it is raining, we hide under the roof
How do we live?
- The alarm clock rings for work and school
- Happy faces in the morning bus
- Life is too short or long
- The meaning of life is a mystery